This process integrates 6 key phases:
- Identify the client's objectives. Usually there is a varied list: obtain an A or B energy efficiency rating, improve their current rating by two letters, slash energy and water consumption by 30 %, obtain LEED Gold certification amongst others…
- Carefully look at the building and establish the energy rating. Identify the major areas of energy consumption.
- Draw up a basic initial design with the architect, assess the necessary capital investment and the process to meet the targets once set.
- Look at the final picture in terms of available investment and other possible project constraints.
- Complete the final design and rigorous schedule. Carry out the planned work to adapt and renovate the hotel on time and on budget.
- Apply for a new energy efficiency certification, verify the savings and check that targets have been met.